In this day and age, many countries are experiencing significant changes in economy, infrastructure, and overall global position of their country. With such growing changes all around the world, many cities have also changed drastically. That surely means a number of new skyscrapers are continuously added to the city’s skyline. After all, the skyline of a city represents its economic growth, urban scenarios and unique identification.
Just like New York is known for Empire State Building, Dubai is popular for its beautiful Burj Khalifa. Here is a list of the top ten cities with the most high-rise buildings.
10. Toronto:The Canadian city of Toronto is ranked 10th on the list of top ten cities with most high-rise buildings. Although the city had its first skyscraper back in 1894, it went through major changes during the early and late 1990s. As of today, the city boasts 2,511 high-rise buildings.
9. Tokyo:The Japanese capital is also home to some of the most popular and unique skyscrapers in the world. Today, the city is home to some 2,779 buildings; including many top skyscrapers and high-rise towers.
8. Rio De Janeiro:This booming Brazilian city is also home to a stunning skyline. With more than 2,947 skyscrapers and high-rise buildings, this beautiful city now is the 8th ranked city when it comes to high-rise buildings.
7. Seoul:This capital city of South Korea has also seen a significant and high growth in the past few years. In total, there are up to 2,955 skyscrapers in this city. A rapid rise in city’s popularity in the global forum also encouraged the urbanization moment in the city.
6. Moscow:This Russian capital is now home to 3,754 high-rise buildings and skyscrapers. As one of the most successful and renowned Russian cities, Moscow holds the reputation as a posh and well-developed city. The city’s historic attractions, vibrant skyline, and pulsating nightlife attract many visitors from around the world.
5. Caracas:This Venezuelan based city is one of the fastest growing cities that have helped make its name as an economic hub around the world. Although the city is home to top skyscrapers and a total of 3,864 high-rise buildings, each of them showcase a hint of the city’s original colonial flavor.
4. Singapore City, Singapore:When the city had its first skyscraper inaugurated in 1939, the trend of high-rise buildings started from there. During the 1970s and 80s, the city experienced rapid industrialization. The boom continued during the early 1990s and a number of new skyscrapers were constructed. Today, Singapore has over 4,300 high-rise buildings, with a majority of the city’s most popular high-rises located in the Downtown Core.
3. São Paulo:This is the only Brazilian city that surpasses Rio De Janiero’s. In total, this South American city is home to 6,467 high-rise buildings.
2. New York City:Ranked at 2nd position is the famous city of New York. In total, the entire city boasts over 6,504 high-rise buildings. Some of the world’s top observatories are located here, with the newly built Freedom Tower joining the list recently.
Apart from the renowned skyscrapers; like the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, and the Bank of Manhattan Trust tower, the city’s skyline is dominated by many newly built high-rise buildings and skyscrapers.